MOD 041: Make event management jelly with Jennifer Crawford
Merchants of Dirt Episode #41
Jennifer “Jelly” Crawford from The JellyVision Show walks me through the strategies and struggles of directing a conference from the ground up.
Enter the Jellysode
Jennifer started DC Podfest in 2015 with a vision of seeing it as a community for like-minded podcasters to come together and learn from in each other.
Now in its third year, DC Podfest has grown its audience to over 130 attendees.
But getting to this point was not easy.
In this interview, Jennifer lays out seven keys points that all event managers need to consider when building an event:
- #1 – It has to benefit your community
- #2 – Be successful enough to pay people
- #3 – Size matters if you want to make a profit AND deliver value
- #4 – Sponsorship money will not come until you prove your committed
- #5 – Building a community takes time
- #6 – Venues will always change so don’t be married to your venue
- #7 – You cannot start anything without a date and a venue
And now you know!
- Strategies for picking your race dates
- Are your competitors fighters or nappers?
- It’s Time to Build Your Outdoor Life
Turn Coffee into Outdoor Recreation
Ricks Roasters Coffee Company owned by Sean and Keely Ricks is a veteran and family-owned coffee roaster and coffee wholesaler in Fredericksburg, Virginia, that is “all about the bean”. Ricks Roasters is passionate about mountain bike racing, veteran-owned businesses, and coffee!
Give Ricks Roasters a Try before December 31st, 2018
When you place your first order of Ricks Roasters coffee from ricksroasters.com, use my exclusive Promo Code: Wolf Bouncer — and receive 13-percent off your first order!
What Do You Think?I want to know what you think about my podcast! Please leave me feedback by doing the following:
- Go to the Merchants of Dirt Podcast iTunes page.
- Click View in iTunes under the show artwork.
- Submit a review and give it a 5-star rating!